Breeder Code of Ethics
Southern Yorkies is small home kennel. Every dog, puppy, and creature is treated with kindness, care and compassion. I want to not only meet, but exceed your expectations when it comes being a Breeder. It is my hope to offer any knowledge, guidance, or assistance in pairing the right Yorkie with its new owner. List below are just some of the practices utilized at Southern Yorkies.
- A Canine Litter Registration is placed on all puppies and dogs.
- Registration Paperwork is issued at time of sale.
- Most puppies sold are identified by way of microchip, 10 digit 128 MHz.
- A contract is used for all stud services.
- One Year Health Guarantee/ Bill of Sale contract is issued on every puppy placed.
- A Puppy Pack Kit is provided to all new owners
YORKIE: SOCIALIZATION/ TRAINING
- Puppies are socialized at an early age, including:
- Foster Dogs Rule of Socialization
- Early Neurological Stimulation/ Bio Sensor Program
- Dog Sitter DVD Stimulation: Auditory and Visual Utilized while away
- Basic Command Training for Dog Manners
- Each puppy is Vet Checked by a licensed veterinarian
- Puppies/ Dogs are sold current on shots, vaccinations, and complete de-worming
- Documentation is given on ALL health records at time of sale
- I only breed dogs with passing temperament scores
- Breeder Support for life of the dog/ puppy
YORKIE LIVING: ON SITE INSPECTION
- Puppy/ dog area is cleaned daily and in good repair
- Puppy/dog area is deep cleaned weekly, bedding, toys, dishes, and flooring is disinfected.
- Area for canines is appropriate for size, structure, and exercise needs of dogs
- Fresh, clean water available at all times
- High Protein, Five Star breed specific food is only served
- High Calcium vitamins/ treats are given to pregnant or nursing dams
- Appropriate feeding/ sleeping schedule for dogs/ puppies
- Whelping/ puppy area is clean and clear of potential harm to pups or mother.